Monday, April 9, 2012

Poem: What I know about Oysters


What I know About Oysters



What I know about most about oysters

Is that they taste good smoked and on crackers

Every year at Thanksgiving and Christmas

Amongst the savory, sweet , and delicious

Always there nests on of our favorite dishes

Ready with a plate of inconsequential crackers

Prepared for voraciously avid snackers

I could make an Alice and Wonderland reference here

But the best oyster poetry is served up with beer

I could speak of the wonders of pearls so pearly

But as jewelry goes , I think their quite tacky

The best qualities and oyster possesses

Are those that are snacky and on crackies

At least until recently

Cuz one time,

My cousin ate a bad tin

And as soon as oysters were in

They were out again

Spilling themselves in vomitrocious wonder

All over the floor

So now we don’t eat smoked oysters

On crackers anymore










No comments:

Post a Comment